What to do if I’ve been sexually abused

What to do if I’ve been sexually abused

If you are a victim of sexual abuse and abuse is current or recent, the most important thing is to ensure your safety.

  • If the abuser is a family member, you should call the police department and have a detective come out and speak with you.
  • If you have a family member who you can trust that is not involved in the abuse and is going to take your word about the abuse over that of the abuser, speak to your family member. If you feel for any reason that the family member doesn’t believe you or blames you, you should immediately contact the police for assistance.
  • If you are an adult and the abuse happened in your past, you should reach out to an attorney to discuss your options and understand your rights.

Rob Levine & Associates have over 20 years of experience in working with sex abuse victims.

Stay Informed with Rob's Newsletter

Rob Levine & Associates.
Here when you need us, 24/7
No Fees Until You Win.