CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
HURT IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT? GET AN ATTORNEY
Automobiles offer us one of the quickest and most convenient ways to travel around our beautiful New England states. Unfortunately, with accidents occurring each day, this form of travel is often the most dangerous. In fact, it has been reported that a car accident happens on an average of every ten seconds.
Motor vehicle accidents are one of the leading causes of death in the United States, injuring 1.9 million people in 2018 alone, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. In fact, a total of 6,734,000 crashes took place on roads throughout the country in 2018. A car accident lawyer can help clients who are injured in any type of motor vehicle accident.
Find lawyers for car accidents near me.
Of course, the best way to avoid a car accident is by taking preventative measures to ensure safety during travel. However, in the event that you are involved in an auto accident near the following areas:
You must understand what you need to do to recover compensation for your injuries. Our car accident lawyers can help you with this. You may be entitled to recover compensation for your lost wages, pain, and suffering, out of pocket costs, and property damage to your vehicle and personal belongings, as well as scarring and any permanent conditions.
HOW AN EXPERIENCED CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER HELPS
If you have been injured in a car accident, the most important step to take is to seek medical help immediately. Some injuries may not manifest until days after the crash, such as whiplash and other muscle strains and sprains, and a medical professional can identify any serious problems. Our car accident lawyers advise that you consult with a medical professional after any car accident. It’s simply in the best interest of your health, as well as your claim. Not speaking with a doctor after the accident occurs may lead to your insurance provider denying you adequate compensation.
Some auto accidents may result in injuries with short recovery times; others, however, could lead to a more devastating outcome. If you’ve suffered injuries as a result of an accident, contact a car accident lawyer at Rob Levine & Associates now.
An experienced car accident lawyer from Rob Levine & Associates will work to help strengthen your claim and fight for your rights so that you will be awarded every dollar you deserve. Rob Levine and Associates services the Providence, Boston, Fall River, Hartford areas, and its surrounding communities.
Call us today, and let us begin working on your case immediately. There is no fee unless you win your case.
CONSIDERING WHAT MAY HAVE CAUSED THE WRECK
- In some cases, determining the cause of a crash may be a fairly simple process at first glance. However, the insurance company is always looking to deny your claim. For example, if you were struck by an intoxicated driver, you can label that person as the party liable for your injuries.
- Other times, the cause of an accident may not be so obvious, or there may have been more than one contributing factor.
- The crash may even have been the result of a faulty product within the car, one or more distracted or negligent drivers on the road, poor weather conditions, or other obstacles present on the road or you may be unsure what led to the accident.
In all of the above examples, you need an experienced car accident lawyer who knows how to fight the insurance company and get you the money you deserve. Call us today so we can begin working on your call. The call is free and there is never a fee unless you win.
DETERMINING WHAT DAMAGES YOU SUFFERED
Clearly, if you have suffered injuries in the crash, you will want to seek medical treatment immediately. Often the insurance company won’t want to reimburse you for the injuries you have suffered. In addition, there may be a variety of other damages you suffered for which you can recover compensation. Keep in mind that two out of three injuries that stem from auto accidents end up being PERMANENT.
The following is a list of damages that often arise from car accidents:
- Lost wages from time off work during recovery.
- Lost earning capacity because of disabilities related to your injuries.
- Scarring that may result from injuries sustained in the crash.
- Pain and suffering you experienced during and after the crash.
- Additional costs for any long-term disabilities that resulted from the crash.
These are only some of the damages that you may have incurred because of a car crash, although it ultimately depends on your individual case.
Injury or accident case
- Dial 911 and report the accident. Let them know if there are any injuries and always request a rescue if you are injured.
- Never move your vehicle prior to the police arriving.
- If you are able to exit your vehicle, take pictures of the accident scene from a distance so that you can see all of the vehicles involved and all of the vehicles in one picture. Then take close-up pictures of each vehicle involved. Make sure to include the damage, license plate of the vehicle, and a picture of the driver.
- If there is a witness to the accident, ask them to wait for the police to arrive so they can give a statement. If they cannot wait, ask if you can take a picture of their identification and then include a picture of them holding their identification that you can read.
- Once the police arrive, make a statement as to how the accident occurred. Ensure that the police talk to the witness and takes their statement as well. If the witness left prior to the police arrival, show the police officer a picture of the witness and their identification, making sure that, on the police report, they are noted as a witness that had to leave before his arrival.
- If you are injured, never refuse medical treatment by rescue personnel. Be transported by rescue to the nearest hospital to get medical treatment.
- You and the other driver can agree to follow each other and meet at the police department to make a report.
- If you are not going to meet at the police department to make a report, you should exchange the following information to include a copy of their license, motor vehicle registration, insurance card, a picture of their license plate, and a picture of the other driver. Remember, you should have documented photos of the scene of the accident and damages to vehicles as well.