New Haven Personal Injury Lawyer



As humans, we all have accidents on a regular basis. Bumping into doors, spilling a cup of coffee, or tripping on the carpet – life is full of opportunities for mishaps that result in minor burns and bruises. Many times, however, accidents are much more severe. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates there are almost 30 million trips to emergency rooms in the United States each year. That’s a lot of injuries!

Sometimes your injuries occur through another person or party’s negligence, and that’s when you’ll want to consider working with a New Haven personal injury lawyer.

Personal injuries can result in:

• Permanent injuries,
• Long-term complications,
• Inability to work,
• Lost income,
• Inability to support oneself financially,
• And, in some cases, even a loss of life.




At Rob Levine & Associates, we have years of experience in successful representation of our clients in personal injury cases. In fact, personal injury and all of its manifestations is all that we do. We handle more car accidents than any other case type, but something that sets our personal injury firm apart from the others is that we handle more than just car and truck accidents. We make sure you are covered when it comes to:

  • Medical malpractice
  • Slip and fall accidents
  • VA benefits
  • Social security disability benefits
  • Fair debt collection
  • Bicycle, bus or boat wrecks
  • And many other case types.

We may even be able to assist you with certain medical malpractice and workers’ compensation cases!


If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, and you think another party might be to blame, you may be entitled to significant financial compensation for your pain and suffering. If you have a legitimate case, we can help you recover the largest settlement or court award for your case. Of course, it won’t magically fix your situation, but it can help you cover loss of income, medical bills, and erase the worry of how you are going to get by financially. You may even be entitled to much more than you think.

Call our New Haven personal injury lawyers today at Rob Levine & Associates. We’re available 24 hours a day for free evaluations of your case. Call us right now.

FAQs About Your

Injury or accident case

What should I do after a car accident?
Your health should be your priority. See a healthcare professional and follow their orders. During the case, do not discuss the accident with the at-fault party’s insurance company, as this could unintentionally help build their case against you. Hiring an experienced personal injury attorney will help you navigate the process.
  • Dial 911 and report the accident. Let them know if there are any injuries and always request a rescue if you are injured.
  • Never move your vehicle prior to the police arriving.
  • If you are able to exit your vehicle, take pictures of the accident scene from a distance so that you can see all of the vehicles involved and all of the vehicles in one picture. Then take close-up pictures of each vehicle involved. Make sure to include the damage, license plate of the vehicle, and a picture of the driver.
  • If there is a witness to the accident, ask them to wait for the police to arrive so they can give a statement. If they cannot wait, ask if you can take a picture of their identification and then include a picture of them holding their identification that you can read.
  • Once the police arrive, make a statement as to how the accident occurred. Ensure that the police talk to the witness and takes their statement as well. If the witness left prior to the police arrival, show the police officer a picture of the witness and their identification, making sure that, on the police report, they are noted as a witness that had to leave before his arrival.
  • If you are injured, never refuse medical treatment by rescue personnel.  Be transported by rescue to the nearest hospital to get medical treatment.
If the police are unable to respond and you or the other driver need to leave, you have two options:
    1. You and the other driver can agree to follow each other and meet at the police department to make a report.
    2. If you are not going to meet at the police department to make a report, you should exchange the following information to include a copy of their license, motor vehicle registration, insurance card, a picture of their license plate, and a picture of the other driver. Remember, you should have documented photos of the scene of the accident and damages to vehicles as well.
I’m not sure if I have a case.
Many personal injury cases are complex, so consider hiring a personal injury attorney like Rob Levine & Associates.  We will do our best to investigate, obtain the facts, and help you understand your options.  At Rob Levine & Associates, we do not charge for consultations.
What damages can I be compensated for?
If you are a victim of a bus accident, you are entitled to recover the same damages as any other personal injury case, to include: lost wages, medical bills, pain & suffering, property damage, out of pocket expenses, scarring, compensation for any permanent injury, and compensation for any future medical costs.
What happens if I do not feel pain at the scene of the accident?
You must see a healthcare professional right after your accident, whether or not you feel pain. Your body’s natural adrenaline will likely kick in, meaning your body is in initial shock. Once that wears off, you will be able to feel the effects of your injuries.
What typically causes bus accidents?
When a bus is involved in a motor vehicle collision, the negligence can be that of either the bus driver or the other driver. For all of the reasons that any motor vehicle accident occurs, those reasons apply to both the bus driver and the driver of the other car. For example inattentive driving, failure to stop at a stop sign, not clearing a lane before changing lanes, failure to stop in traffic, and rear-ending another vehicle. In addition, motor vehicle accidents specific to a bus could occur due to a driver’s exhaustion, inadequate screening or training, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or the bus company's failure to maintain the equipment or vehicle.
What should I do after a bus accident?
  • If you are involved in a bus accident and you are injured, make sure either you or someone else has dialed 911 to request a rescue as well as the police to document the accident.
  • The bus driver should be creating a list of all the passengers on the bus at the time of the accident. Ensure that your name is written on the list, then take a picture of the list and the bus driver holding the list.
  • Ensure you receive a receipt showing proof that you were on the bus. Take a picture of the receipt to preserve it.
  • Take pictures of the damage to the bus, any vehicles involved in the accident, and/or any items damaged, i.e., a tree.
  • If you are injured, do not refuse medical attention. Be transported by rescue to the nearest or most appropriate hospital for treatment.

lawyers for car accident help you settle your car accident claim PERSONAL INJURY EBOOK Personal Injury Law helps people get the compensation they deserve. Whether you have been through a car accident, slip and fall, or another type of personal injury accident, Rob Levine and Associates can help get you the help you deserve. Free Ebook

Stay Informed with Rob's Newsletter