Boston Car Accident Lawyer
ROB LEVINE, BOSTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
HURT IN A CAR ACCIDENT? GET AN ATTORNEY
In a big city like Boston, everyone is on the go. Work, school, church, soccer practice, and a list of a million other things to do often keeps our minds occupied. There is so much to do with so little time, and an automobile is usually the most efficient way of getting around. Sometimes, even a car isn’t fast enough.
In the struggle to manage, drivers sometimes take risks that they know they shouldn’t. They speed. They forget to use signals. They run red lights. They get distracted. They text, “I’ll be there in 5 minutes.” – All habits that can cause an auto accident, and as a result, cause you to be seriously hurt.
GET HELP NOW! THE HEAVY HITTER® IS HERE FOR YOU
CONTACT US NOW FOR ASSISTANCE 24/7. NO FEES UNTIL YOU WIN
ADVICE FROM AN EXPERIENCED BOSTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER
If you are ever in an accident, take these steps immediately:
• Never leave the scene of an accident.
• Exchange name, address, phone number, and insurance information with the other party involved.
• If possible, take pictures of the damage to your vehicle.
• Get the contact information of any witnesses.
• Make a police report before leaving the scene of the accident.
• Seek medical attention immediately.
• Call an accident attorney.
If you are dealing with injuries from an accident, and it seems like the problems are piling up, rely on Attorney Rob Levine & Associates to be part of the solution. Call the office and find out how a Boston car accident lawyer can help you.
OUR BOSTON CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS UNDERSTAND CAR WRECKS
The laws that surround car accidents tend to be complicated, and are best dealt with by a car accident attorney. While we get started on your case, here are a few other things you might care to know about your wreck:
The insurance company may be required to compensate you for up to 75% of your lost wages if the injuries that you sustained in a car accident left you unable to work.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance usually covers about $2,000.00 worth of medical bills – but the severe injuries that car accidents cause usually go beyond that.
In head-on collisions, the chest is at the most risk of injury, at 53%. A chest injury is, needless to say, very serious and could impact your quality of life. This is why selecting the right car accident lawyer is important. With the injuries you or a loved one may be suffering from, being able to get compensation so that you can continue to live your life is essential. Your Boston car accident lawyer can attend to the unique circumstances of your accident.
CAR ACCIDENT STATISTICS IN THE BOSTON AREA
The great city of Boston is the largest of all cities in the state of Massachusetts, with a population of well over 645,000. At the heart of several numbered routes, it is safe to assume that the risk of having a car accident here is great.
According to the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, there were nearly 2.5 million occupants in auto accidents in the U.S. in 2013 that did not result in death.
Although each of these cases was of a non-fatal nature, they still resulted in the need for medical attention. As we all know, almost any time you see a doctor, there is going to be a bill. When the impact of a car accident has caused serious damage to your body, these bills can keep piling up. You shouldn’t be held responsible for this debt, and the attorney can make sure you aren’t. Find justice with a Boston car accident lawyer or start chatting on the website right now.
Injury or accident case
- Dial 911 and report the accident. Let them know if there are any injuries and always request a rescue if you are injured.
- Never move your vehicle prior to the police arriving.
- If you are able to exit your vehicle, take pictures of the accident scene from a distance so that you can see all of the vehicles involved and all of the vehicles in one picture. Then take close-up pictures of each vehicle involved. Make sure to include the damage, license plate of the vehicle, and a picture of the driver.
- If there is a witness to the accident, ask them to wait for the police to arrive so they can give a statement. If they cannot wait, ask if you can take a picture of their identification and then include a picture of them holding their identification that you can read.
- Once the police arrive, make a statement as to how the accident occurred. Ensure that the police talk to the witness and takes their statement as well. If the witness left prior to the police arrival, show the police officer a picture of the witness and their identification, making sure that, on the police report, they are noted as a witness that had to leave before his arrival.
- If you are injured, never refuse medical treatment by rescue personnel. Be transported by rescue to the nearest hospital to get medical treatment.
- You and the other driver can agree to follow each other and meet at the police department to make a report.
- If you are not going to meet at the police department to make a report, you should exchange the following information to include a copy of their license, motor vehicle registration, insurance card, a picture of their license plate, and a picture of the other driver. Remember, you should have documented photos of the scene of the accident and damages to vehicles as well.
- If you are involved in a bus accident and you are injured, make sure either you or someone else has dialed 911 to request a rescue as well as the police to document the accident.
- The bus driver should be creating a list of all the passengers on the bus at the time of the accident. Ensure that your name is written on the list, then take a picture of the list and the bus driver holding the list.
- Ensure you receive a receipt showing proof that you were on the bus. Take a picture of the receipt to preserve it.
- Take pictures of the damage to the bus, any vehicles involved in the accident, and/or any items damaged, i.e., a tree.
- If you are injured, do not refuse medical attention. Be transported by rescue to the nearest or most appropriate hospital for treatment.