5 Common VA Mistakes
ROB LEVINE, VA WATCHDOG
MAKING SURE VA DOES THE RIGHT THING
Obtaining VA disability compensation can often feel like an uphill battle. Many veterans believe that the system is rigged against them — it can take years of fighting only to get a senseless denial. Our experienced team, many of whom are veterans, is ready to fight for the justice that you deserve.
5 Common VA Mistakes With Your Benefits
Many believe that VA is an inherently-broken system designed to discourage you from pursuing the disability benefits that you deserve. Here are 5 common VA mistakes with your benefits that our team can help fix:
- VA could fail to provide you with a medical exam. Medical examinations are essential to establish service connection, because they can provide an opinion connecting your current disability to your military service. Review what you need to know about these exams here.
- VA could unfairly deny service connection for your VA disability claim. Generally, in order to establish service connection, you’ll need evidence of a current disability, an in-service event/diagnosis/stressor/injury, and a medical opinion linking the first two. VA will often overlook important evidence in your file that can help prove service connection.
- VA could assign the wrong rating for your service-connected disabilities. Once service connection is established, VA will assign a rating from 0% – 100% based on the severity of your condition. VA often assigns a rating that is lower than what you deserve, so it’s important to have an advocate knowledgeable in VA’s complicated rating rules.
- VA could assign the wrong effective date, which determines how much backpay (:retro”) you receive. Like ratings, effective date rules are difficult to navigate. Our team is committed to getting you benefits as fast as possible and as far back as possible.
- VA could miss the additional benefits that it should grant you. Many veterans are unaware of the additional benefits that VA should automatically grant them when it is deciding their VA disability claims. This could include: unemployability (“TDIU”) benefits; erectile dysfunction when diabetes is granted; sciatica when a back condition is granted; and more.
The experienced Veterans Disability team at Rob Levine & Associates has seen it all. We have helped thousands of veterans with their VA disability compensation and we’ve seen every VA mistake out there. Contact us today so we can fix VA’s mistakes and get you the VA disability benefits that you’ve earned.
GET HELP NOW! THE HEAVY HITTER® IS HERE FOR YOU
CONTACT US NOW FOR ASSISTANCE 24/7. NO FEES UNTIL YOU WIN