Drug and Alcohol Facts Week
Drug and Alcohol Facts
This week is National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week ®. This campaign is designed to debunk the myths of drug and alcohol use and explain to teens all over the country facts about the topic. Rob Levine & Associates support this cause and encourage teens to be drug and alcohol-free.
Drugs and alcohol can impact your life in a detrimental way. Using these substances can cause major damage and even death. It is important to never get into a vehicle with a person under the influence of drugs or alcohol and to never personally drive under the influence. Not only is it illegal to do this, but it can also cost you your life and the life of others.
Driving Under the Influence is Illegal
- Many areas of the country have a no tolerance rule for people under the age of 21 driving under the influence. Doing this can result in fines, suspension or loss of driver’s license, and even jail time.
- In 2014 over 1.1 million people in America were arrested for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, that number is only predicted to rise as police crackdown.
- Even if you do not personally have drug paraphernalia on you, but you are around it, you may still be held responsible based on the circumstances.
Driving Under the Influence is Lethal
- Teen alcohol use leads to about 4,300 deaths a year.
- Someone is injured in a drunk driving accident every 120 seconds.
- Every 51 minutes someone dies due to a drunk driving accident.
Now that you know the drug and alcohol facts, you can be informed on making responsible and mature decisions. Drugs and alcohol impair the regular functions of your brain. Don’t make a decision that will ruin or cost you the rest of your life. Commit to knowing the facts and to staying substance free.
Call Rob Levine & Associates Today
If you or a loved one has been injured and needs legal help, please contact Rob Levine & Associates for a free consultation. Our Fee Free Policy means that you do not pay unless you win. Our experienced personal injury lawyers will review your case to help you understand what your next steps should be and options available to you.
At Rob Levine & Associates we are experienced in personal injury cases in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut. We are also experienced with social security and veteran’s disability cases nationwide. Our team is available 24/7 to help you. Contact us at 800-742-3940 or visit our website for more information.